Farm Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Farm Insurance Information
Your farm’s financial well-being partly depends on your farm insurance policies. Contact Joe Bill Mettauer Insurance in Center, Texas, to get a farm insurance or crop policy tailored to meet the needs of your Texas farm or ranch.
What Does Farm and Ranch Insurance Cover?
Farm and ranch insurance is a collection of policies that help protect against financial loss due to covered events. Depending on your situation, your agent may recommend that you purchase the following types of coverage:
· Farm liability insurance helps cover third-party bodily injury and property damage claims.
· Farm equipment insurance helps pay to repair or replace your equipment after a covered event that causes damage or destruction. You may need a separate tractor insurance policy, as well.
· Farm dwelling insurance helps cover the structure of your home if it’s damaged by a covered event.
· Farm structures insurance may help cover grain silos, barns and other property structures.
· Farm livestock insurance helps provide coverage for animal losses after a covered event.
· Equine insurance helps cover the death of covered horses.
· Commercial auto insurance helps pay for liability claims after a covered accident where the driver of a farm-owned vehicle was at fault.
· Workers’ compensation insurance helps pay a farm employee’s medical expenses and replacement wages after a work-related injury or illness.
What Is Crop Insurance?
Crop insurance helps protect farmers and ranchers from the adverse financial effects of covered events like natural disasters that could cause lower yields. It also protects farmers from the loss of revenue due to a decline in the price of commodities.
There are three main types of crop insurance:
· Multiple peril crop insurance (MPCI) is federally regulated and supported. It covers crop losses caused by natural events, including disease, drought, flooding, fire and insect damage. There are more than 120 different eligible crops.
· Crop-hail insurance helps protect farmers from the financial effects of hail on high-yielding crops. It is regulated by state insurance departments and sold by private insurers. Crop-hail coverage may be sold as an MPCI supplement.
· Crop revenue insurance helps support farmers when crop prices are low or crops have a low yield. This coverage helps farmers protect their earnings from drastic year-over-year price changes.
The federal government pays 60% of crop insurance premiums to help farmers afford this crucial coverage.
Is Crop Insurance Required?
Crop insurance is needed to be eligible for disaster benefits and some other government programs. While you can choose to forgo crop insurance, doing so will exclude you from eligibility.
Farmers with production loans must have crop insurance to meet their lender’s requirements.
Get the Farm Insurance You Need
Whether you need farm insurance policies with specific liability coverage or crop insurance coverage for your unique situation, our agents are ready to help with your risk management plan.
Contact Joe Bill Mettauer Insurance today to get a quote for your specially tailored farm insurance policy.