Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Homes are safe havens for people and their belongings. If something unfortunate happened to their houses, families or possessions, it is reassuring to know they could repair or replace their losses without taking a financial hit. Home insurance provides needed protection for circumstances such as this.
Home insurance can protect your home and belongings and give you peace of mind. It’s an essential financial safeguard that can enable you to recover if a covered loss occurs.
What Is Home Insurance?
A fire, severe weather, theft, lawsuit or vandalism could be costly and a financial hardship without coverage. Homeowners insurance includes property damage and your liability—or legal responsibility—for injuries and property damage caused by you or your family. A home insurance policy can give you the following:
· Dwelling coverage to help repair or rebuild the structure of your home after covered damage
· Other structures coverage to help repair or rebuild other buildings on the property like a garage or gazebo
· Personal liability to help pay for injury or damage to others and their property if you’re responsible
· Contents or personal property coverage to help cover clothes, furniture, electronics and other items in your home damaged or lost due to a covered cause
· Loss of use coverage to help pay for living expenses in the event of a covered loss in case you need temporary housing.
You may want to consider additional coverage if you have high-risk items such as a swimming pool or luxury belongings. Standard home coverage is a great place to start, and you can adjust your coverage if your needs change. Joe Bill Mettauer Insurance can ensure you have suitable coverage.
How Much Home Insurance Do I Need?
Texas doesn’t require home insurance, but your mortgage lender might need you to have it before they finance your home. Standard homeowners insurance offers protection from damage to your home’s structure, including fixtures, plumbing and heating.
Many home insurance policies cover common losses or damages, but you may need additional insurance for specific exclusions, such as flooding or an earthquake, or if you have high-risk items such as a swimming pool or luxury belongings. Also most home insurance policies don’t usually cover maintenance issues such as termite and insect damage, rodents or mold—we can discuss endorsements that may be applicable for these items.
How Do Home Insurance Claims Work?
As a home insurance policyholder, you must file an insurance claim with your insurer, asking that they compensate you for your covered loss. After you file your claim, your insurer will review your claim. Next, if they approve your claim, they will issue checks so you can begin to make repairs and replace your belongings. However, if they deny your claim, you will be notified. It’s vital to stay in touch with your insurer throughout the claims process.
What Does Home Insurance Cost?
The cost of a home insurance policy is dependent on numerous factors, such as the following:
· Where you live
· Your home’s price and the cost to rebuild it
· The amount of coverage you want
· Your home’s age and condition
· Your home’s security and safety features
· Your credit history
· Additional coverage you add
· Your deductible
Protect Your Home and Financial Livelihood
Home insurance does more than protect your home and belongings. It protects your ability to maintain your lifestyle and carry on even if you experience a covered loss.
Joe Bill Mettauer Insurance proudly helps our Texan neighbors with their home insurance needs. Call us at 936-591-9433 to start on your policy.